[doc] Re: OT - SAT Navigation

John,

I use TomTom in my pda and there are no montly fees, except for
TomTom traffic which updates traffic information in realtime via
GPRS/mobile phone.

TomTom in itself is a mapping program like Autoroute except that it
is geared around Pocket PC's. TomTom GO AFAIK is the same program
used in a bespoke unit that accepts SD cards with the maps installed
on them.

I have a IPAQ4150 plus a Bluetooth TomTom receiver and a fixed
Parrot CK3300 bluetooth handsfree set which has a seperate bluetooth
GPS output. I use the the TomTom receiver for roaming around or when
I'm in a different car.

All in all, you don't have to pay to use the GPS signals - thanks US
Dept of Defence - and I'd recommend an IPAQ over TomTom Go anyday as
you can do an awful lot more with a Pocket PC and I'm highly biased
anyway :)

Simon

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk