From: andrew
Sent: 16 January 2004 02:16
To: chris parnham
Subject: sorry officer I'm from England

Hi Chris,
I have been making a video diary as I go so don't worry about that, I did however get a speeding ticket on Wednesday, I had driven trough new Mexico and I was on my way to Amarillo in Texas, I was around 6 miles inside that Texas border on a strait road 2 way traffic no one in sight and Iand a little bit of a pace on, I spotted a police car coming the other way, I slowed down, however it was to late I did not know that the could get you speed when coming towards you, in Texas the speed limit is 70 not 75 so office plod did not take to kindly to me and Loraine doing 90 mph on his incar radar, he pulled a handbrake turn in the road and put on his lights, (real cannon ball run style) I pulled over, he checked all my docs, "20 mph over the speed limit is beyond a warning I'm afraid" he said He issued mewith a ticket and asked how I was going to pay, $170 fine that's Â100! but still if I was in England it would be 6 points and then a fine I'm sure, he was quite friendly and intrigued but he tried not to let his entreeged get the better of him, after I had a trip in his police car to the localcash machine I managed to get hi to pose for a photo, he agreed but still had the cheek to ask me to email him a copy, he had to phone his wife for the email address! anyway I'm in Oklahoma now and I have been to the Oklahoma bombing memorial today in Oklahoma city. I should be in Dallas on Friday night.

Andy