From: jamesrguk [mailto:James_rg@xxxx]
Sent: 11 December 2003 11:15
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Re: wheels

John,

I see what you mean, sorry I misunderstood, I should imagine that
this would be incredible expensive to have done.

I have a friend who is a pattern maker of an aluminum casting
company and the effort that has to go into making a pattern, whether
by hand or by CNC, is quite impressive.

Unless you are talking of making hundreds in quantity then I think
you would be talking serious money per wheel. It's the pattern that
costs the money to produce, and then the casting is fairly
inexpensive.

I can see the attraction of having OEM look wheels that actually
fill the wheel arches; the originals were too small IMHO.

The other option is to lower the car to get the wheels tucked up
into the arches, my front wheels are OK but the gap above the rear
wheels is terrible.

Anyone know if lowering springs are available for the rear??

James RG

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey James,
> I get the feeling you are misunderstanding me slightly. I'm not
> talking about getting a set of wheels to fit the car and to match,
> want wheels custom built, that will look exactly like the
originals,

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk