Re: MXI 4811 on hold for another year!

Now you're just copying me! :)

Yep I'm saving to get my 4.0l V8 converted.

Normally starts around £1500, Rangie will cost around £2100
LPG company said they'll only fit the newer multipoint convertion for
Range Rovers, single point conversions can cause backfire and may
need a chip to compensate.
Newer conversions are automatic now, they'll start on petrol
autoswitch after about minute to gas, if it runs low it'll switch
back over to petrol, but you'll still have the over-ride switch to
swap over if need be.

If you get the donut tank that fits in place of the spare wheel, you
can get the tyres filled with a special gel, apparently you could run
over a stinger and it'll get you home, or you could just carry a
couple cans of tyreweld with you.

You can still inflate them as normal, it'll just mean the rims will
have to be washed and refilled when you get a tyre replaced.

On the subject of the governments help on LPG, I looked into this and
apparently a Range Rover doesn't quite sit within the boundaries of
their grant.
Probably if you bought a fart box size of a car, you'll be eligible,
but why get 1.0l car gas converted?

I'd like to see what's actually classed as eligible.

James "1 Range Rover & Alan's got me old Delorean!"