RE: [doc] Shipping

There are also additional port handling charges when the car is brought
in.

Here's some of the prices I was quoted for moving my D from Tucson
Arizona a few weeks ago...

To take the car to East Cost Jacksonville - Ship to Southampton UK
- $1845.00 PLUS 80 quid UK port handling charge

To take the car to West Coast Long Beach, CA - Ship to Thamesport UK
- $1730.00 PLUS 280 quid UK port handling charge
The port handling charge is higher because the car goes via container
rather than roll-on-roll-off

Those prices are for a non runner - you can knock about $200 off if it's
drivable.

Transcar also charge 5% for using a credit card - but the bank charge
about 25 quid for a wire transfer, so six of one & half a dozen of the
other...

Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference, but according to the
shipping agent the 5% is not duty, but a lowered VAT rate. The car has
0% duty payable. This only applies if you get the vital BTI of course.

Rich H
DOC# 365