NEC/ Shows

Well what a good NEC show! Thanks to a combination of Dave's spectacular
backdrop of USA skyscrapers, and 3 "silver beauties" on display, and mainly,
the help and co-operation of so many club members giving so freely of their
time. I thank you all.

Mary Hooper and her helpers sold loads of club goodies including a large
quantity of Sun Star models.

I signed up a record number of new members.

We had visitors from many countries including James Espey (and his 7 foot
tall parts manager, Ben Shrum) from the USA and dear Cyril Binet and his
young lady from France.

I was able to explain to many potential new owners, that if they bought a
DeLorean, they would not be left out in the cold, regards parts or advice.
It was very nice to be able to point out the vast amount of technical
information and help available from a whole load of experienced club
members. With the new DMC Houston parts centre eventually getting ready for
business and our own "home grown DMUK" also available. This is what
potential new owners want to hear.

I spread myself a bit thin, having by BTTF car and Derby Plating Services
Ltd stand to see to as well. I apologise if I was not able to chat to all
our many visiting club members.

I will not attempt to list all the club members who helped out in such a
brilliant manner, you know who you are....Thanks.

A date for your diaries.....possibly......end of May next year.....Following
loads of enquires, especially from our newer owners, I am attempting to
organise a meeting in Belfast next year to give you the opportunity to drive
around the DeLorean test track, before the Developers move in! Watch this
space.....

Best regards your exhausted secretary. Chrispy