Re: [doc] very disturbing

Hi all, sorry for the wait.....been on a pubs/clubs weekend (a little hung over!) :O)

Martin..

I took the metering casing apart..in to two parts...(houses the round alloy plate,balanced to meter the air/fuel mixture) used a gasket sealant after being cleaned up and joined it together again... I will let you know if I have any problem (it was very dirty in there and I didn`t want to leave it like it).. My mate worked on Volvos for 5 years and recomended that it be done!.?

Chris/Walter

Thanks Chrispy for filling Walter in.. As Chris said it is yellowish in colour..(they call it clear, just thought that it would look a mess with a load of black in there) as for the heat off the engine, I sprayed some in my Discovery exhaust by mistake when I was coating the chassis... 3 years later its still there.. It has gone like a real sticky tar...it smells bad for a start but then cures, where I work at a Nissan dealership, the engines are covered in the same stuff, they smell really bad after a good run up the road but soon cure. I will let you know of any problems with the DMC... (at the end of the day i was not going to leave the holes with no protection, not after all that hard work getting in there in the first place!!).

Alan and MXI 4811 (vin 569)

PS (does anyone have any suggestions of a name for my car, I know we have: wee wee, backy, hana, flopsy etc..... all I can come up with is "69er" ???? (not good).

Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
I hope you didn't take the actual metering head apart....? They're
impossible to reassemble without springing a leak

Martin

Alan Hammond wrote:

> I have got the metering unit apart and have cleaned up the whole thing including the throttle butterflies.... The project continues-------->

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT