Steam Cleaning Engines

Hi all,

Well Alistair (owner of the red DMC) and I decided to have a bit of
an engine cleaning session on the ramp at work.

Started at about 9pm and it took about an hour to clean and re-
grease all the moving parts but all in all the results were good.

Steam cleaner set to 100 Degrees Centigrade and used Auto
Smart's `Truck Wash' which is primarily used for cleaning tractor
unit engines. It was the business and gave great results.
No need for scrubbing, you just spray on the truck wash wait 5mins
then steam it off.

The Aluminium trailing arm shields came up like new fresh cut pieces
of aluminium, it was incredible but sadly not possible to really
capture in the photos.

I have uploaded some pictures to the photos section they are in the
folder named `VIN 5462' and then file `under body steam clean'

If anyone has a greasy oily sump or is looking to paint parts of
their chassis (for which you need to remove road grime and grease)
then feel free to ask as I can probably help you out.

James RG
Colchester