Re: [doc] 'Zilla Products

Hi John

The Zilla products are very strong and will work for years. They are plug'n'play and the FanZilla at any rate is an elegant solution to the problems inherant in the original wiring. Here's a bit on each:

1) TankZilla. For years, over priced. Based on a Saab tank sender that's machined to fit the hole, the electronics make it work the DeLorean's guage correctly. Only since DMCH brought out their sender has the price come down. I have two of DMCH's and I'm happy with its simplicity.

2) FanZilla. This powers up the fans with a delay after the AC compressor kicks in to avoid the "kick" from the engine. It also restores the "fan fail" light to let you know if your fan(s) is/are not working. Apparently this does not work if the fans go open-circuit. Something that happenned to me in Bath (and others I have since read) and would also happen if you drove over something which yanked the wires out. This is a bit of an oversight if you ask me!

3) LockZilla. This replaces the factory lock module which was badly designed and made. Utterly overpriced for what it it, the electronics are simple, and the original module can be re-engineered to be reliable for under £10. All IMO!

I have a design for an equivalent of the FanZilla - my friend Joe will be building them. He also takes on our work with the car's other electrical issues, eg re-winding lock solenoids, repairing idlespeed computer... and so on.

Hope this answers your question

Martin

John Tien wrote:

Dear List,

Just out of interest... when you buy a DeLorean, is it
necessary to put on most of those 'Zilla Products such
as the LockZilla, FanZilla, TankZilla...etc to make
sure that the DeLorean is more reliable for daily
use?? And what's the most important thing to change
when you just bought a DeLorean?? The coolant bottle,
the alternator and/ or what else??

Thanks,
John Tien
[286]