Attn. Kevin/list ............. Southend Cruise .........Was:-- Essex Boy

Attn. Kevin/list ............. Southend Cruise .........Was:-- Essex Boy

Kevin,

As far as I know from my `Fast Car' and `Max Power' research, I
think that they have a sort of cruise show thing on the seafront the
first Friday and Saturday evening of every month.

i.e. this weekend, to confirm this Alistair, owner of the 'Lady in
Red' phoned the traffic cops in the area and they confirmed that
Friday was the best time to go (less stabbings probably).

I did go down years ago (not in the DMC) and they had some seriously
modded motors along the seafront, even if you're not into the whole
Essex-boy scene some of the craftsmanship that goes into the cars is
very impressive.

It certainly makes a change from the standard classis car shows
where owners boast about having the original OEM exhaust system on
their beige interior Allegro Estate.

One of the people I spoke to in Southend had just completed an
engine swap leaving him with a 580bhp 6ltr V8 Ford Capri, the funny
thing was from outside the car looked stock, I find that sort of
stuff more interesting.

I am not sure what it is like nowadays, I know they were trying to
calm it down a bit but I am sure it will still be worth a look.

My DMC is staying of the road for the mo so I am catching a lift in
the red DMC to Southend on Friday night/tonight to check out the
scene for a possible future gathering.

James RG

James_rg@xxxx