Re: [doc] Grey painting on a grey day.

Chris Parnham wrote:

Thanks for the grey chassis paint tip boys. I can't remember who suggested it, but after I'd carefully ground down to a "feather edge", the old cracked paint, I used a mixture of Hammerite smooth, white mixed with black, until I achieved a very near match in colour to the original grey.

The person who originally thought it up was James Russel-Grabt. A couple of people I've spoken to now say that Hammerite is completely crap on the underside of a chassis because it isn't tough enough. We use a 2-part epoxy paint, which is a kind of off-white colour, and then hammerite over the top. I'm investigating getting the same stuff made to the correct colour.

I polished up the alloy water pipes,

Now this is something I'd be very intrested in finding out how it's done. Is this something your company offer, Chris?

and hose clips,

If you or anyone else is interested, we have a supply of all-stainless hose clamps.

Martin
DMUK