Re: [doc] Re: A few questions

From what I remember, he can run up to 30+ psi of boost which requires bigger injectors and preferably 101ron fuel!!! I believe the modern RB26DETT in top spec runs 2.2 bar but I could be wrong (that's the engine in the R34 GTR)

I do know the fuel is metered using what I seem to remember i scalled the hot wire method(?). The air flow prior to boost passes over an electrical filament and a computer pumps more or less current into it to keep it at a constant temperature. This relates extremely well to a measure of the air being drawn in, and the fuelling is matched accordingly. What the turbo does to that air is immaterial because one way or another, it's getting into the cylinders. I'm sure it's not that simple, and there's all the ignition issues to be dealt with also

Martin

Daniel Willis wrote:

The standard ECU can't deal with a bleed valve as the valve itself fools the ECU into thinking you're only boosting to standard PSI's.. Superchips are well known for using them.
My new ECU allows for variable boost, fueling and ignition... much safer.

Simon probably controls the bleed valve from within the car on a dial.. the ECU is probably set to "infinity" where boost is concerned and the valve does all the work. In the Calibra the ECU has (or had) static boost values... in Simon's case, if he felt like it he could blow the engine to pieces with 2 or 3 bar of boost. I cannot. Down to the individual really!

Dan