From: Nick Tomlinson <nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx>
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Re: A few questions
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:31:18 +0100 (BST)

Hi Dan,

Your car sounds great, I love those variable boost dials you can turn to increase the boost. Beats my boring Astra diesel anyday (but it has stopped me getting more points on the license !)

A friend of mine once used a fish tank valve to act as a bleed off to the wastegate. I told him not to do it and it resulted in a holed piston. £3 valve cost him a new engine and gearbox (Metro Turbo).

Nick.

Daniel Willis <danielpwillis@xxxx> wrote:
Hi Nick,

Yeah I knew that was your point.. I just think turbos without intercooling
is a waste of time! Large intercoolers (hell, any intercooler/chargecooler)
will help keep temps down. Otherwise they skyrocket and you might as well
not bother with the turbo at all.

My engine only had problems because the waterpump on that particular engine
runs on the same belt as the crank. The waterpump seized and the result was
a few damaged valves. Nothing too serious - just expensive.

Turbo-wise mine is just fine. Variable boost allows 0.4psi to 24psi at the
flick of a switch. 4x4 helps keep it nailed down and a 6 speed 'box means
175mph.... not that I'd try it.

The best/only way to go turbo'ing the D is to dump the engine and buy
something else (Alpine/25 turbo)

Dan

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk