RE: [doc] French Car

I can see that you have strong views about this subject, Chris.

However, you're not the first person to ask me why I didn't get a cheaper car than my brand new Focus; but there are 2 very simple reasons why I didn't:

1) insurance
2) reliability

Anyway, I'm very, very much looking forward to coming to Derby on the 6th of July, so would it be ok if I rang you a couple of days before to sort out arrival times and such (I promise I won't be late like last year).

I'm going with one of my mates from work to paint my brake calipers on Saturday so I'll have to show you them at the Markeaton Park show. I'm having them done in red (like rally cars), and because I've got discs on all the wheels I reckon it should look quite cool.

Oh, and one more thing, my relatives from Denby have said they would like to drop by as well, so I'm sure you can give them the full DeLorean treatment should they turn up, as they are impartial at present.

Look forward to seeing you on the 6th, Chris.

Regards,

Mike Sumner (178) - Grimsby

Chris Parnham <chrisparnham1@xxxx> wrote:
Mike,

Dusty was a very expensive car to have sitting there unused, I already had
one RHD, and that is enough for me, besides this poor neglected French car
deserves to see the light of day again and its another car in the UK pool.

There is no limit on how many DeLorean's you can have. As far as I know our
dear government has not passed any laws on it...yet.

You (or any one else) could have bought this one off eBay and still had a
load of change, compared to the price of your new Ford Focus.

I've never bought a "new car" in my life, I prefer them "pre-depreciated", a
little.

We all spend our own money how we choose, some folk prefer new cars, I like
old DeLorean's.

I know which one will be worth more in 5 years time!

If I get planning permission next year for a new house and HUGE garage, I
could well accumulate a whole row of them! I'd sooner have my dosh in
something tangible, beautiful and appreciating, than the poxy stock-market
or useless/ de-valued pension!

I have little knowledge on VW Sirocco's, other than they are pretty
cheap...a bit like the current value of my pension I've been paying into for
the last 15 years!

Are you still coming to the Derby car show on 6th July?

Regards

Chris 3 cars P