French Car

Well I'm back after an exhausting 24 hour, 900 mile return trip to Paris.

After my first cursory look, my new car is more or less exactly as
described.

It has been dry stored in a dark, tatty, old garage, with 4 other old
American cars, since about 1996.

The good points:-

Loads of interesting history / documents.
I'm sure the mileage is correct 25k.
The chassis and underside generally is immaculate, but dirty.
The tyres are original NTC's but perished.
The wheels are good including spare.
The interior is very good original, but filthy. No cracking or messing
about.
The Black seats will clean up like new.
The stainless is excellent, one small dent on rear wing, easily sorted.
When a battery is connected, most things come to life and it does turn over.
The louvers and engine cover are removed but good.
The brakes and clutch seem to work.

The not so good things!

The entire fuel system/ inlet manifold is either replaced with what looks
like Reno, or is disconnected.
The fuel tank is exposed with no fuel pump. Rotten pipes, disconnected
fittings abound.
There is a very large single turbo and non-standard silencer fitted.
The rear lights are removed, headlights need replacing.
Door jammed half shut, mechanism exposed.
The coil cover is missing. As I'm sure are loads of other small bits.
Front bumper needs repainting.

There are boxes of bits that have been removed. None of I which I know if
they will work.

Its really just a very interesting, very dirty and very expensive jigsaw.
It will keep me occupied for months!

I will probably ( but not definitely) remove and sell the Turbo, any offers?
I'm thinking about £400 to go towards my travelling expenses.

Your exhausted and broke secretary.

Chris Parnham Vins 3866 Frenchy
5638, Delores
20049 Backy.