RE: [doc] Dave *parts* Howarth

John,

I'm glad you got sorted out with Dave, he does tend to work OK with low-tech
forms of communication.

He does occasionally "get snowed under" with proper work and so lets
deadlines slip by, but I guarantee that if he's got an item in stock and you
can get an payment amount out of him (not easy) and you actually send a
cheque promptly, he will send the parts out without delay.

He still has some packages left on his shelf for weeks awaiting payment.

He has also been "caught out" so many times in the past by unfulfilled
promises of "cheques by return" for "Urgent parts"!

This is the main reason that supplying parts via post has little interest
for him. Chasing people for money is a thankless task and takes all the fun
out of helping people.

As I've said before, it's a hobby for Dave, ( and me) not a business.

Just my "thought for the day" during a pretty quiet week-end.

Off to Paris tonight!

Chrusty