Re: [doc] Inconel Trailing arm bolts

Hi Tony

Yep - I'll bring them along.

Several people, myself included, wire up the Fan Fail light to come on when the fans come on - sort of the reverse of what it was meant to do. Before going into a massive explanation, can you look into your relay compartment and tell me what you have in the relay socket at the bottom left (as you look down at it). The socket should be blue unless it's an early car. There _should_ be a couple of wires with spade terminals on them.

The otterstat itself is located in the cooling pipe to the left of the engine next to the chassis rail. If you un-plug the two wires and short them out, the fans should come on when the ignition is on. This will tell you if the otterstat is bad.

Cheers

Martin

lawther wrote:

Yes please, Martin. See you at Shuttleworth?

regards

Tony

PS I've had a 'cooling fan fail' warning light up for some time, but the
fans have been working. Now they are not. What's the best thing to check-
this Hotterstat thing? (seems aptly named)

yours with water all over the road T.