From: Kevins Work [mailto:kevin.milliken@xxxx]
Sent: 10 February 2003 16:23
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [doc] Starter Motor & Door Switches

Hi Nick

Thanks for the email,

I had the battery checked with a heavy load and it was o/k, I charged it up any way just to make sure, overnight.

From what I can see the main positive lead from the battery (which is quite thick) goes directly to the starter, then (thinner cable) goes back to the ancillary circuits, then to the jump start point. I thought that measuring the voltage here would be o/k.

The earth lead conects to one of the starter bolts then seems to attach to a cross member under the car. which cannot be seen it goes between the crossmember and the gearbox. This could be the problem.. Do you know what the routing should be?

Can youjust confirm that the voltage on the starter should be 9 volts.

Thanks

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.