RHD metal fuel tanks

I would like to know if anyone can supply me with photos and/or a description of the metal fuel tanks used on the RHD DeLoreans.  Specifically, I would like to know:

How is the fuel pump mounted?  Insideor outside the tank?

How are the lines sealed where they penetrate the tank?

What kind of fuel pickup and baffle were used?

Why I want to know:
Particularly in hot climates, there are issues with heat from the coolant pipes conducting through the OEM plastic fuel tank and into the fuel.  After driving home with my fuel pump cavitating loudlylike a headlight buzzer I put a thermometer in there and measured a fuel temperature of 118 ºF.  So I want to make a new fuel tank out of stainless steel that will make more room for insulation around the coolant pipes since the OEM plastic tank leaves no such room.  Anything that I could learn about the metal tanks could be useful.

Thanks,
Walt Tampa, Florida
DOCmember 315! :-)