Re. Calipers, Increasing brake power

Calipers -

Yes the front calipers are of a Ford Cortina, Like Martin said I got
mine from a ford breaker for £16.00, I only needed one.

The other side I took off and refurbished, I would have done both if
i had known how quick and easy it was, you can even get service kits
with new rubber seals in for peanuts.

The old calipers are easy to fix, like Martin said I popped mine out
useing a bicycle pump and a valve nipple thing I made. Once you have
popped them out pull out the rubber seals and use some very fine
wet'n'dry sandpaper on the piston and the cyliner until it is nice
an clean.

Slap it back together and hey presto it works again.

Because these calipers have a piston either side of the disc unlike
some other cars that just have one, a single sticky piston can also
account for a pull to one side under braking and a shake in the
steering wheel while braking.

Braking Power

The DeLorean has a lot of rubber on the floor, unless you are
locking up all four wheels then ABS seems a waste of time, if you
can plant the pedal completly on the floor and not lock up the
wheels then the brakes are not working to their full potential.

Upgrade to Stainless Steel braided brake lines
Carry out a break fluid change
Check the condition of the calipers, pad and disk
Make sure you have decent tyres

If all this is done then the DeLorean should stop pretty damn well.

James RG

P.S. If you don't want your old Calipers why not refurbish them and
sell them on eBay.