From: Jan van de Wouw [mailto:jvdwouw@xxxx]
Sent: 10 December 2002 23:37
To: Chris Parnham
Subject: Re: [DML] Cars for sale in the UK

On 09-12-2002 09:22, Chris Parnham wrote:

> Robin is trying the direct approach to our American cousins.
[snip]
> Can you please forward any info on cars for sale in Europe to our list?

I took a look around for you; besides the three Ed allready
pointed out for sale at DMC-Service, one of our members is
selling his car at the moment;

I included his original text at the bottom of his mail,
I'll sum up the basic info you'd need;

He's selling it since he doesn't drive it a lot anymore as
he is turning 60 soon. He's had the car for eleven years.

It's a manual, black interior, 35.000 miles on it, new tires.
An appraisal for insurance purposes is available, it still has
a valid "A.P.K.", I think this is about the same as your MOT-check.
The car is in good condition (I've only seen it once, over a year ago)
and some original documentation and manuals com with it.

He's asking EUR.19000,- at the current rate that's about GBP. 12000,-

Pierre Maas can be reached by email on <p.f.maas@xxxx> or by phone
(don't know how his English is holding up) at either +31 73 6144172
(home) or +31 6 53856195 (cellular).

On a Dutch sales-site called Marktplaats.nl (marketplace) there's
also 2 or 3 for sale, but I'm not familiar with those cars in any
way. Funny to notice that the market over here has changed quite
a bit too in just 2 years; when I went searching for my car there
were more than 20 for sale in The Netherlands, now there's hardly 10...

There's also supposed to be a "new" car for sale somewhere for about
GBP 21000,- but at the moment I have no further info on that car.

Hope this helps,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000