From: Stephen Strelczak <STEPHEN.STRELCZAK@xxxx>
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Sad I couldn't make it to the NEC...
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:47:23 -0000

Dear All,

It sounds like the weekend was an excellent event, so I'm sad I
wasn't able to make it. I was doing airport runs with various relatives,
both Saturday and Sunday, so not a chance for me to get to Birmingham. Like
others with their cars, I hope that Lola will be able to feature at next
years event, with her new interior, re-brushed panels and sparkling polished
alloy wheels, after all, every show needs a RHD! :-) I'm happy to hear that
so many young things are getting into the Delorean world, like me of course,
the club really benefits from it I think. Not that I'm into the Neon strip
lighting thing, and huge ICE, but everyone to their own on those accounts.
The car can only live on through us young ones. I just hope it lives on
without too many modifications, I always like to feel I'm driving an
unchanged classic, even if it is a little flawed in its raw state:-)
Personally I market the car as much as possible, taking friends of friends
for drives, in the hope that one of them will one day try to import a US
car.

I bought DVD monthly, with the Back to the Future cover disc. It
includes the making of documentary, which has about 2-3 mins of Delorean
related footage, plus 15 mins footage from each film, including the carpark
scene from BTTF1. I will openly admit that I watched said carpark scene over
10 times in succession, pausing at all the correct moments. Watching this
scene, with Lola parked only meters away, must fill every owner with the
same feeling as me I'm sure, "I'm the luckiest bloke in the world, and I
know it". A real rush I think. I just had to go back outside, open the gull
wing door, sit inside, smile, get back out, observe the car from every
angle, turn the lights to full beam, crouch infront of the car, hum the BTTF
theme a couple of times, then go back inside elated.

I remember Martin once asked the question to Rich and I "would
you have bought the delorean if it wasn't stainless steel, and had gullwing
doors?" It just occurred to me this morning what a daft question it was. I
thought of a better one, perhaps more revealing about D owners in general.:

If the Delorean had continued in production, up until the
present day, independently, or as an acquired subsidiary, would you have
bought one?"

Stephen

Stephen Strelczak

Solutions Advisor