From: Paul Salsbury [mailto:paul.salsbury@xxxx]
Sent: 12 October 2002 11:25
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Quick job

Well after putting up with a dodgy gear shift mechanism for the last year I
finally decided to do something about it.

The problem was the in no way shape or form would my gearstick lift to go
into reverse, and the pin was missing to stop you accidentally going into
reverse when shifting 1st to 2nd.

I priced up a new mechanism with the US vendors $354. ouch....

On the phone to Dave Howarth the other night and my problem came up in
conversation. To which Dave replies I got one of those in the garage. Good
price.. So I asked him to send it.

9:30 this morning it arrived, 9:45 I decided to tackle the job. 10:30 job
done.

I can now happily shift from 1st to 2nd without fear destroying my gearbox
catching reverse at 25mph.

Once again a part easily sourced in GB

Cheers
Paul