Re: [doc] UK Stockist

Hi James

I guess the obvious question is "what have we been buying from Wingray?"

I've personally had a fuel pump boot, upper door seals, and a door handle, plus a few odds and sods in the form of exhaust gaskets. I imagine a couple of sets of louvers won't go astray, perhaps a couple of each of the fascias, engine covers break quite easily. Pieces of interior trim (though we can get them recovered expertly for less than the cost of new ones - you can see for yourself on my car what the knee-pads are like having been re-skinned in modern matching PVC). As you probably know, body panel repair is less of an issue here and we are more able to get them repaired instead of having to replace them (with full credit to Chris for his incredible ability of course).

I think your new fuel tank sender will fly off the shelf - but that because mine's broken with bits missing!

I would like to extend my thanks for your enthusiasm in supplying us over here - although I'm the first person to seek out alternative sources of parts, however it has always been nice to be able to ring up someone (Wingray in this case) and speak to someone who immediately knows what I'm talking about when I say "manifold-to-crossover pipe gaskets please"!

What are the most common parts you sell in Houston? Subtract the bits we can easily get over here (mainly mechanical parts and service items) and you'd have a good list IMO.

Looking forward to seeing you at the NEC. I will try and place my order for a fuel tank sender, though 4426 is going to demand all my spare cash for the next few months!

Martin

James Espey wrote:

I am both puzzled and disappointed that I have received *NO* suggestions as
to what should be included in this 40 foot container of parts that is headed
to the UK. Time is running out as we hope that the parts will be there in
time for an announcement at the NEC show. Certainly they will be on the
ocean by that time.

In addition to the regular maintenance and repair items, what would you need
if someone rear-ended you (or stopped short in front of you, or broke in and
stole your stereo) tomorrow? Other than, of course, an abundance of
self-control not to smack that person in the head?

Some of these things you may have easy access to, either as cross-reference
parts or through "remaindered" inventory (like fuel tanks). That's okay, but
doubtlessly there are some parts you don't have or can't easily get. These
are what I would like to make sure is in this container.

Please feel free to email me...

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
james (at) usadmc.com