Re: Pull.... Hub...BALLS....ahhhhh

--- Paul Salsbury wrote:

> So checking X-ref numbers previously given none of them
> can be found by my supplier eg the SKF number does
> not relate to any SKF part.

That sounds REALLY weird to me; I was unlucky enough
to have TWO bearings on one side fail in me within
2 weeks/300mi... Both bearings I put in were SKF.
Partnumber BA2B633313C. The one thhat came off was
made in Brazil, the second one came from Spain and the
bearing that's on now was made in Italy.

> So who can tell me What CAR they are off so as
> I can get mine back on the road...

As said, the SKF-bearing should work, my dealer had it
in his referencebook as being for a Fiat 127, exactly what
the X-ref-list on dmc12.com said...

When you find your bearing, make sure that when putting
on the big nut on the axle with the D-washer, the bearing
actually gets torqued.
That's what caused my first replacement to wear so rapidly.
We fixed that by putting in an extra spacer between the
knuckle and the inner dustshield Part #100025.

If you don't want to order from the USA and can't find one in
the UK, try DMC-service.nl, that's where I got the last
replacement I have on my car now;
it even came in an original DMC-bag!

And a small tip for fitting the bearing without too much hassle:
put the new bearing in the freeze for a couple of hours while
taking off the hub. Thsi difference in tempreature should allow
it to litterally drop into the hub, if not you can strip down the hub;
remove the brake disc and heat it on an electric furnace.
Electric, so you don't get any sooth on the surfaces. The
heat will make the hub expand, enlarging the hole for the
bearing, jsut as the cold will make the bearing shrink a little.
These enlarged tolerances will allow for the bearing to be
dropped in and aill have it fit REALLY tight when everything
returns to normal temperatures...

Hope this helps,
Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw