Re: [doc] Trailing arm bolts - please help! : - ( - more

Re: [doc] Trailing arm bolts - please help! : - ( - more

from DMCnews...

Refer to Workshop manual K:01:02 it is the bolt at the left side of the page where the trailing arm meets the frame. A better
picture is in the Parts manual 5-3-0 fig #25 pn #106883. It is
refered to as a trailing arm bolt in K:05:01 and :02. If you do not know that they were replaced order new upgraded ones from a
Delorean vender. Count the # of spacers and replace
exactly as removed or you will need an alignment. Loosen the bolt and rotate the head with a wrench, if the trailing arm moves up
and down the bolt is bent and MUST be replaced. Be
sure to torque to spec 55 FT/LBS WITH THE FULL WEIGHT OF THE CAR ON THE SUSPENSION. If the bolt is bent you may have to slice it
up into little pieces to get it out. On
an automatic car you will need to unbolt the rear carrier on the left to move the trailing arm to clear the trans.(Don't
disconnect the rear caliper, there is enough freedom to move the trailing
arm if you're careful.)