From: Johnstone Richard <richard.johnstone@xxxx>
To: "'doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [doc] #2727 now road worthy
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:57:12 +0100

from a look at the dvla web site, £88 is the standard price for road tax for
any car over 1549cc, no matter how old it is.
Under the new car emisions scheme you would get a discount on this according
to your emissions as declared by the manufacturer. The top petrol car price
is £85.25 under that scheme.

Therefore Dan, you haven't been charged under the new scheme as your young
lady would have you believe.

No private plate for now, decided I will improve the stereo first, looking
at a mp3 system for £175 that will store 150 CD's worth of music on it's
hard drive (easily upgradable to 1000 CD's worth or more)and lets me keep
the original stereo. And hopefully I will make it interchangeable between
the Delorean and the Corsa.