If you get the chance to see Ian Titley's car, that's a good example of the original grain. Mine too still exhibits some of the "stripeyness" many cars left the factory with. NB they shouldn't have! according to Mike Loasby, they should have had a crisp sheen to them, which is achieved by sandpaper of anything over 80 grit. Coarse scotch-brite will do the same job (never use steel wool). If you balls it up, just go over it again - there's not a lot of mistakes you can actually make which will cause no more problems that wasting time! Just remember not to push hard on the bonnet when you're brushing it.

My favourite product, which made a real difference to my car, was a can of stainless steel cleaner/polisher that Paul Salsbury discovered. Paul, weren't you going to get a few cans?

Martin

james_hartshorn_uk wrote:

Wondering if anyone has come across any of these problems...

If I switch on an indicator and press the footbrake the indicator stops flashing (indicator bulb goes out) release the footbrake and flashing returns, I can put all the lights on and even select reverse with no flashing problems, only happens with the footbrake.

Also I freed off my drivers window motor a while back, I also disassembled my window switches to clean them up like new as they were corroded, the windows work fine, but I get a strange smoky smell from the drivers switch when I operate it, I've tried swapping
the switches over and it still does it (only the drivers side) also I felt the wiring below the switch to see if it gets warm, but it doesn't, it all works fine, it's just the smoky smell that
worries me, the only thing I can think of is it's the motor.

Finally I went over to see my friend who's just purchased the expensive Scottish Delorean that was for sale, it drives like a new car, beautiful, I noticed the bodywork is finished with a very matt look, I've polished mine up, but was wondering what the correct
look should be, I saw an article on the web on how to clean the Stainless and suggests a rough scotch-brite pad, my local B&Q stock Scotch-
brite pads and the roughest is for metal finishing, I bought all the grades they stock!), is this the best pad I can use or does anyone know of anything better, it also suggests that I use 3M Stainless cleaner to work in with the pad and a procedure to get the best results, has anyone tried this and did they have pleasing results?

I've seen the Deloreans on the NEC stands before and wondered
what they do to polish theirs apart from using original Mr Sheen!

James Vin #569

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk