My door... and more

Well, I got it un-jammed, then promptly jammed it again, un-jammed it,
adjusted the linkage, then jammed it again. Swore, and adjusted the
linkage for a second time. So far so good

The problem was the new door handle. After opening the door, the spring
in the mechanism wasn't sufficient to pull the cable back out fully.
Stange, I know. Basically the linkages were out just enough that the
rear latch thought it was closed while the front thought it was open.
Locking the door resulted in the front one jamming and not being able to
either open or shut it. Adusting the release mechanism on the rear latch
so they latched together, and loosening the whole thing so the handle
requires more travel now seems to have fixed it.

In other news, I've fitted me alarm/remote starter today. I've got the
remote central locking working, but am having problems with the unit
picking up the tach signal. Probably just a dodgy connection, but I ran
out of light! I haven't fitted the siren yet which is probably a good
thing seeing as it seems intent on going off all the time. One question:
What are "parking lights"? I've stuck a couple of diodes in and am using
the indicators....

Martin