RE --- Tail Pipes & Side Markers & Handbrake

RE --- Tail Pipes & Side Markers & Handbrake

SIDE MARKER LIGHTS.

These lights are supposed to flash with the indicators according to
my local MOT centre, they had the book with them and looked it up.
However a good way of getting around the problem is to cover the
lights with a bit of black insulating tape and tell the MOT centre
they don't work. They can not fail you if they are covered up.

HAND BRAKE

My car failed on the Handbrake, check that both cables are adjusted,
the handle can only compensate for a slight difference between the
two hand brake cables. This normally results in one side working
well and the other failing.

TAIL PIPES

Martin, you can borrow my arc welder if you want to have some fun
putting those tips on!

MOT TIP

Don't hang around when they do the MOT test, if you hang around they
check everything as they are worried about you seeing them cut
corners.
My car failed on a few items the first time, the second time without
changing some of the failures it passed. I am sure it was because I
was hanging around the first time. Most MOT places just want to get
the car passed and out of their way especially a DeLorean because
most of them probably don't think they are going to be able to
service them and make any money out of you!.

Regards

James RG