From: ian [mailto:ian@xxxx]
Sent: 08 January 2002 23:50
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] RE: Eurofest 2002 / Test Track

Stian,

After last years Eurofest I wrote to the Mayor in Belfast (copied letter to Planning Dept., and Tourism Board) proposing that they should consider preserving the test-track as both an "Industrial Heritage Site," tourist attraction, and public open space/Park. I got a polite letter back saying that all proposals would be considered.

The Govt are undertaking a major Study in Belfast at present looking at land use issues, etc ... unfortunately the site is privately owned/leased so difficult for the Council to step on the toes of a big local employer if they did want to redevelop the track!

I guess if there were enough letters from Individuals and DMC Clubs it may help draw their attention to the issue. The Study will be concluded in about 6 months so write now!

Cheers,         IAN