Steaming header!

Hi all,

I drove my car from Colchester to London at the weekend, the temp
was ok and the car ran fine for the 70 mile trip. Only problem was
that when I stopped and put the car in the garage I looked at the
temp gauge and it was a bit higher than normal (not in the red
though), I stopped the engine and a couple of seconds later steam
started pouring from the header tank area.

Forutuantly I don't think any damage was done as it started fine the
next day with no funny noises or anything.

What caused this? I had my A/C on during the trip, and I turned it
off as I was parking. Was the AC the only thing keeping the fans
going?

Any ideas?

Regards

James RG