RE: [doc] How to fit a "D" into a very small space...

RE: [doc] How to fit a "D" into a very small space...

James -The width is usually the problem. The car needs a minimum of 92" if
you want to drive the car into the garage and open the drivers door. This is
very tight as the car has to be driven into the garage hard against the door
frame on the passenger side with both wing mirrors folded back. At this
width it needs someone inside the garage to check the clearance and guide
the driver into position. Ideally an 8.0" internal garage without piers is
the minimum and 9.0" sheer luxury.I suggest that you try before you buy if
you can. The doors need about 15" each to open fully. Therefore the width
required is 2" clearance on the passeger side from the door frame (assuming
an up and over door if not add 4" for side hung opening doors) 73" for the
car and 15" for the drivers door = 90" say 92" for comfort and 94" for side
hung doors.

The actual dimensions are length 168" (4.267m) width 72,83" (1.85m) height
4.88" (1.14m)

Hope this helps good luck.
Regards bob Withers