From: whiting.steve@xxxx [mailto:whiting.steve@xxxx]
Sent: 19 September 2001 13:00
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] car for sale?

ive just put my car through its mot(passed obviously) and i have just
noticed ive covered 216 miles in 1 year and 1246 in 2 years (due to business
commitments)
i paid 17k for the car from a premier restoration garage- the car as been
totaly rebuilt(34000miles) also reupholstered.probably the best in the uk
the mileage shows i dont drive the car so ive decided to sell the car and i
will accept 15k
ive also put a personel reg on the car DMC 235 valued at 4k(midland
registrations)
anyone interested-or do i wrap it in cotton wool and put it in storage for a
few years?? ideas,commnts please
steve
> Mine's cost $7500 + $1250 shipping + £120 port charges and 5% tax.
>
>Planned expenses now come to:
>
>Gas struts £215 (already bought)
>Battery £68
>Headlights £??
>
>Rich's one has already cost him an extra $375 for louvers, and will soon
cost him another £300 for a windscreen, otherwise
>it's the same as above. His doesn't require so much cosmetics as mine
though.

>Martin
>
>Daniel Willis wrote:
>
> Hi..
>
> My ears were burning...
>
> As for cost on bringing a cheapy car up to scratch (I can already here
> several of you damning the idea already!).... I have spent... all of...
£500
> so far. I *DO* need new tyres, a new exhaust box and some "cosmetics"...
but
> otherwise it's been a bit of common sense and some elbow grease. I say
this
> now... if somebody wants a DeLorean and has the will power - ANY car is
> worth the time. Really. Honest.
>
> But as some will (and probably are right now) write, a £5k car ain't gonna
> be a runner and it WILL require time and money.
>
> Dan, Vin#5641, "Maddie".... www.projectmadness.com (with some luck you'll
> see her at our main event next year....)
>
> >From: "Matt Clark" <diashi_c@xxxx>
> >To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [doc] Re: Interesting item on eBay UK web site item#1638763308:
> >1981 DeLorean Fascia w
> >Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:25:25 -0000
> >
> >Hi all.
> >
> >I'll take the blame for that one, with it being mine, and all.
> >
> >Yes, I'm selling it to pay for a guitar - I NEVER wanted to part with
> >it except I have a gig in 4 weeks.. and, hilariously, no guitar!! The
> >last one now residing in kit form..
> >
> >Anyhoo, if it doesn't sell, I'm prepared to sell to a DOC member
> >for £350 at the very, very lowest.. I really need that money, and
> >also to purchase the year anniversary present for my girlfriend
> >(being a student really does blow!).
> >
> >And, by the way, I'm seeing a few DeLo's being sold in the area
> >of about $5K on ebay.... under £4K! Ok, so there's shipping and
> >I'd assume something must be wrong to command such a low
> >price, but how much work is it to bring one up to nice condition?
> >
> >I suppose Daniel would be the best person to ask :)
> >
> >Matt
> >
> ><a Target='_new'
Href='http://talk21.btopenworld.com/redirect.html?http://ecto1.itgo.com'>htt
p://ecto1.itgo.com</a>