Re: [doc] OT - LED Lights

The LED's have a different resistance than filaments in a standard buld.
Some flasher units flash the rate according to the load in circuit sounds like yours
in this case. You can measure the resistance of the bulb using a meter and then
use a resistpr of the value obtained wired in parallel to the LED. Use a resistor
of suitable wattage too. I think a 1 watt resistor should be good enough.

This load circuit is required for the alternator warning lamp for the excitation
of the charging circuit in the alternator and as such should have the correct
bulb or use a load resistor in parallel.

Hope this helps.

NickT.

ibolden@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

Apologies for the off topic question but i'm hoping someone might be able to
give me a quick answer.

I've just bought a couple of LED lights to replace the rear indicator bulbs
on my Focus. When I indicate left or right the indicators flash on and off
like there's no tomorrow, but when I switch the hazard lights on all indicators
flash at the normal speed.

Does anyone know why it's doing this and if it's easily resolved?

Thanks,

Ian
DOC 316

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk