Re: [doc] New poll for doc-uk

Hi -

I created the poll just 4 fun - vote or don't :)
I got the idea when I noticed that there are election buttons for
sale on Ebay - "DeLorean owners for Kerry" - "DeLorean owners for
Bush".

Btw - did you all know that there are conspiracy rumours that has to
do with DeLorean-Carter-Reagan?

The Carter administration (Democratic) supposedly were the ones
who "allowed" the DeLorean to be imported to the US. Rumour has it
that strong forces (read: other auto manufacturers)tried to prevent
the DeLorean from ever crossing the Atlantic to begin with.

The Reagan administration (Republican) supposedly were very friendly
toward Britain's Iron Lady (you know who) and both had their reasons
for putting DeLorean out of business. Him - for aiding the other auto
manufacturers. Her - for cutting off the funding of the Belfast
venture.

Coincidence or not - it seems very strange that DeLorean got arrested
the same day the factory closed. FBI/MI5 agreement?

All in all - politics also contributed to the downfall of DeLorean
Motor Cars Ltd.

Cheers,
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Johnstone Richard
<richard.johnstone@xxxx> wrote:
> Oh Dear.
>
> If someone can explain why the future president of the United
States has a
> particular impact on British Delorean owners I may be inclined to
vote.

> However I cannot see any direct link myself and think such a poll
is more
> suited to a politics newsgroup or to members of the DML.
>
> Richard

Government