[doc] Re: stiff clutch

Hi Tracey,
No they don't.
When Dean and I sorted his clutch (it was solid, you could not depress
it at all). We found that the slave Clyinder was the main cause.
This is located at the front of the engine.
It can be seen just, if you look down the gap between engine and
rear bulkhead.
We did free off Dean's by removing it from the car.
And then spraying WD40 over it and hiting the piston with a
copper/hide hammer. I don't recomend this procedure as a permanant
fix. We needed to get Dean's car mobile in a hurry.
Just removing it from the car is difficult I got it out without
touching the inlet manifold etc. (which most people remove to make
it easy to get at the slave)
You may be able to remove the dust cover and spray WD40 into the
slave with the straw provided with the can. (put the cover back)
This should make the clutch lighter.
For a proper fix order a new slave clyinder and while your at it
get a refurb kit for the master clyinder.
The refurb kits about £17, slave aprox £100
Hope this helps
Nick H

-- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tracey ann steele" <traceystl@xxxx>

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk