From: Daniel Shane [mailto:daniel.shane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 September 2004 22:57
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] Re: Pads,disks and service parts,what do i need?

Thanks For the advice Nick,

Any ideas about the front pad¹s ??

Dan

On 15/9/04 10:35 pm, "nick12dmc" <Tammyfew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Rear Brake pads are Ferodo FDB 815 A, for Jaguar XJ 3.4, XJ 4.3
> 1975-86
> Disk's,  best bet is DMUK
> Most things for the engine are 1981 model year Volvo 260 B28F.
> I would get the leads from DMUK or Volvo/Renault as some of the
> cheaper factor leads have the wrong size dust covers.
>  Oil is a subject that can start a masive debate. I was advised
> that a simple rule of thumb for older engines is which ever oil
> was "state of the art" at its time of production.
> i.e. in the case of the Delorean semi-synthetic 10W40
> Don't use somthing like Mobile 1 or Shell Helix ultra (great in my
> modern Alfa) as its to thin for the oil pump and the maching
> tolarance of the engine, it also contains detergents and you may
> find it will cause leaks. I am sure every one has their own
> favorite.
>  I found a "one person blead kit" from Halfords for about £5 makes
> changing the brake fluid alot easier.
> Hope this helps
> Regards
> Nick H
>
> --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mgrickak" <ricky@xxxx> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > My delorean needs new rear brake pads,and as there making a grindy
>> > noise:( it'll be new disks too! I know there Jag XJS,but what year
>> > etc? can i just walk into my local motor factors and order jag XJS
>> > pads/disks? also i'd like to get new spark plugs,leads,oil
>> > filter,again we all know the engine,but what year etc do i ask for?
>> > also what oil is best for the engine,i was thinking of 10/40 but
>> > thought that may be too thin,gotta change the brake fluid
>> > too,another nasty job.
>> > just checked my mot and it runs out the 12th of next
>> > month...........Gulp! i will be selling it once it has 12 months
>> > mot,the insurance costs are killing me :(( if only i didn't have a
>> > accident last year in my MG it might of been fine!
>> >
>> > Rick Doc~371 Vin~6776
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed
> public and may be printed in the club magazine **
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294p0n3f/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
D=grou

ps/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1095370521/A=2352667/R=0/SIG=11t4iivpf/*http://ww
w.netf
> lix.com/Default?mqso=60185359&partid=5285298>
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
> *
> *
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129tm7r8f/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1095371199/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
p:/companion.yahoo.com> click here

s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=630508237>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*        To visit your group on the web, go to:

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk