From: "Martin Gutkowski" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [doc] Re: Thatcham Visit.

Hi Mark

Your first point is not entirely valid, however without knowing these
systems, I can see how anyone will form this impression. The manual
transmission versions rely on "knowing" the car has been left in
neutral. How it does this is simple and very clever and ties into a
security system that disables the remote start in the event the brakes
are touched, or the door is re-opened. If the engine is running when
either of these two signals are detected, the engine is cut instantly
and returns to its immobilised state.

I _was_ aware of the second point, and it also applies to so-clled
"turbo-timers" but these are becoming increasingly commonplace.

Best Wishes

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk