Re: [doc] FW: DeLorean Body presses

No it wouldn't - Ti is denser than ally - the trick is that it's
stronger than steel for the same weight, but we're talking paper thin
stainless anyway.

It could be done though, but it wouldn't be cheap!!!!! A square metre of
1.2mm Ti is worth around £300. The "offcuts" we get given for the robot
come in all shapes and sizes but rarely large enough to do a body panel.

TA10 is a wonderfully evil stuff we use for armour - it's an alloy of
titanium and vanadium and it's VERY difficult to mark - even using
aluminium oxide paper on a flat area, the paper goes smooth after about
10 vigorous strokes. Consequently brushing and polishing is a little
difficult!

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk