[doc] Harpenden/Top Gear

Hi All,

can I firstly say a big thank you to everyone who came to Harpenden
yesterday, especially Tony from Co. Durham with 'HTY', Rich H from
Derby and Gary Tindall from Sussex, I really appreciate you driving
such a long way to come.  Also big thanks to Rich and Helen for
providing the food again this year, you guys are the biz when it comes
to a bbq! :oD
Also thanks to Martin for helping out at the last minute with meeting
everybody due to Dave and I going to Top Gear first.

Top Gear was brill.  Jeremy Clarkson is different to his 'on screen'
persona, when he pulled up in his Merc he looked at Dave who was
standing by MXI and said "look, its Michael J Fox".  Seeing his
cigarette, I said to him "I thought you gave up smoking?"  He grinned
and said "I did", then put it out and parked his car up. Between takes
he was really chatty with people and wasnt offish at all. Richard
Hammond who is really tiny (still cute mind..) pulled up in a Ford
Focus and said hello to us too. The only person who didnt say much (or
was seen much) was James May. Stig was wandering about with a ski mask
on at first,  but you never saw him 'un masked'.  Apparantly the first
Stig revealed his identity (he was the test driver for BAR) and thats
why they got the new one, but he is from a similar background to Stig
1.  I was filming Stig going round the test track in the new Corvette
for a bit - until I was politely asked not too.  Got a couple of laps
of him tho!! ;o)

The out takes from yesterday would be funny, it took Jezza 5 or 6 goes
to do just the intro at the start of the programme!

I'll up load some pics when I get a chance, I know Chrispy took some
good ones too.

All in all, a knackering day, but worth every moment.

Thanks again,

Claire
DOC171
#2292 VUR594W (MOT-less and 2 days tax left)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk