From: Alan Hammond [mailto:vin569@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 July 2004 21:24
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Smokey: we have ignition!!!!!

Hi All,

It felt like I had got in the first De Lorean that came off the
production line last night, I got in Smokey "turned the key and Bang
away she went".... Smokey was up and running!!

well after nearly 2 years in a shed , Smokey was started last night and
driven out into the open air!!!!.  the engine sounds lovely and started
first time, after the waxoil on the engine set and the waxoil fumes
cleared I topped up the coolant (bleed kit fitted) then the fans engaged
at the correct temp which is a first as Smokey had an upside down
thermostat fitted when I got it which was not good!!....

all the running lights worked and she looked and sounded great!!!!!
(with not a trace of smoke from under the dash, all sorted!!!). the
engine ran evenly and no smoke from the exhaust. all dash instruments
working fine..... very surprised!!

Looks like I have won the battle to get this car sorted at last!!

just Tracking to do and a few small cosmetic jobs and Smokey`s on the
road!!!!!

Just thought you guys would want to know that another De Lorean is back
up and running!!!!........just need an MOT now!..

Alan ( a very happy De Lorean owner) and Smokey (vin 569, up and running
with no smoke!!)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12923fdi8/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1091046221/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
p:/companion.yahoo.com> click here

s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=413393594>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*        To visit your group on the web, go to:

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk