From: nick12dmc [mailto:Tammyfew@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 July 2004 06:57
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Speakers/Craig CD

Hi all,
I just finished fitting my new speakers in LJH. The new front
speakers are 75 watt JBL's. The rear 4"X10" are Pyramid 300 watt 3
ways. They sound massively
better than the shot originals.
I got my 4"X10" mail order for £ 24.95. However I walked into a small
auto spares
Shop here in Peterborough on the weekend and they had them on the
shelf!
  Contact details are: Eastfield Discount Autospares, Tel:01733
562048.
34-36 Eastfied Road, Peterborough, PE1 4AN.
Some slight modifications to the rear brackets are necessary, as the
magnets on the Pyramid's are a bigger diameter than the Craig units.
I spread the 3 holding prongs and used the next size up in jubilee
clip from the original to secure them.
You will also need to replace one of the crimp connectors on each
side with a standard size one to connect the speakers.
My car is fitted with a Alpine CD unit, fitted by a previous owner.

If any one is interested I have a Craig 6 Disc CD changer and FM
modulator kit which I had fitted to my Frontera. I bought it to put
in a DMC with an original Craig radio. The cable to the remote
control is damaged by the seat runners (Tammy moving the seat
forward). It was working fine before this.
If anyone would like to give it a good home, make me an offer.

Best Regards
Nick Hannaford
Mem 164

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk