Re: RE: [doc] Test Track (was "Eurofest 2006")

Re: RE: [doc] Test Track (was "Eurofest 2006")

Thanks Chris,

I'm an Architect / Urban Designer (worked on the proposed refurd of the DMC factory in 1989) and know from experience with Planners that a line will be arbitrarily drawn around the whole Factory site and zoned 'Industrial' - leaving the Track open to redevelopment.

The Government officials I spoke to (the ones who make the decisions!) were totally unaware of what the 'squiggly' line on the map represented, had never been to the site, and didn't realise a Track existed! When I pointed out this was the Test Track, the only one in Ireland, and of significant "Industrial Heritage" value to the Province they were interested!

I will forward the PowerPoint file to John Tien and he can put it up on the Club Website for info to anyone interested. Publicity would be to our advantage ... the more people who know about it, the more difficult it would be to destroy!

The DOCers in N.Ireland need to keep their ear to the ground on this (but please no more "rumours", just facts!).

Cheers,       IAN