[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "James Macpherson" <jmacpherson@xxxx>
wrote:
> I picked the car up from Chatham dock on Friday and drove it home
> through rush hour M25 traffic, the Dartford crossing was fun having
> get out to pay the man.  I'm very pleased with the car its in
excellent
> condition but I've noticed a few problems
>
> 1.      On Saturday twice while driving the engine died.  I noticed
the
> plunger in the inertia switch was down so I had to hold this up
while
> turning the ignition and eventually it started.  Have I got a faulty
> switch and what is the correct method of starting, the plunger
wouldn't
> stay up until the car was running again.
>
> 2.      On Sunday morning I went to start the car put the key in the
> ignition and heard a relay click I turned the key and the car was
> totally dead, no power at all and no lights.  I thought the battery
was
> flat so checked it with a voltmeter and it was fine.  Eventually
after
> about 30min I was in the driving seat heard a relay click and then
all
> power returned it started fine from then.  What was wrong?
>
> 3.      What is that little metallic honk noise coming from behind the
> passenger seat?
>
> 4.      I've put a pic of my relays on in the picture section in
> vin#2250 could someone look at it and tell me if any should be
replaced
> and why has one been jumped with cables?
>
> Cheers
>
> James
> vin 2250
> doc 129
>
> Hi James,
           The Relays look orignal, the one with the jumper cables
is the factory fan fail fix this is normal! They never had time
to sort out the problem. My car runs with this fix still.
It should be fine. However the cooling fan fail light will not
work. To get this working you need a Fanzilla. It sorts a lot
of other problems as well. see www.Pjgrady.com for details.
(I would not rush out and buy one just after getting the car though)

There is a well known problem on early cars with them not having
enough power to start every time the key is turned. Known I
belive as the clicking solenoid fault. I have never had this
problem so I can't offer a fix. I am sure other people on the
board will be able to help.
Also sounds like the inertia switch is faulty? Again I haven't
had this problem. I think Martin is the expert on this.

Best Regards

Nick Hannaford

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk