RE: [doc] ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

I seem to be missing something here,

I did not receive the original email from Mr. Lamrock.

However, we do hold an AGM at our annual rally, on this occasion at Gaydon on 20th June.

ÂAny club members are welcome to attend and make their views known. It is usually a very low key, friendly affair, but normally suffices, we are not a âbeuro-cratic clubâ, with only 220 paid up members it hardly seems worth it.

The principle Âoffices are:-

Dave HowarthÂÂ ÂTreasurer.
MeÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂSecretary
Andy Withers newsletter editor
Mark Bourne Technical Advisor
Mary Hooper club products.
John Tien Website editor.

Plus many other members help out in all sorts of ways but have not got formal positions.

We are an âinformal clubâ.

The way it works is that I sign up new members and organise renewal reminders, all the money goes to Dave who banks it. He uses that money to pay for the magazine and other costs. Any surplus is used for buying stickers etc. Mary Hopper has a separate âfloat of moneyâ that she uses to buy and sell club clothing.

Dave and I keep bi-monthly accounts of where the money goes and we take all this info to the AGM.

If, as has happened on several occasions, we have not got enough money to pay for printing, shows etc we tend to put our own money in to tide us over. Recently club funds have been helped by selling some the 50 copies of SSIâs donated by DMCH. ÂThis has enabled us to add two extra pages to the mag and use more colour.

It seems to work, but if a majority of member wants to change things, then feel free.

With my House building project now certain for the autumn it may be an appropriate time for me to take a back seat if thatâs what members want.

My secretarial duties usually take an hour or two each day. None of us receive any sort of expenses.

If any member has a bit of spare time available and a will endeavour to keeping our (normally) happy little club going, then please make you self known.

Regards

You Hon Sec Chris Parnham