Re: [doc] Stain vs Stian ;-)

It'll be easier if I call you BOB.
OK?

Nick.....sat in a cyber Cafe in Bergen enjoying the Norwegian Holidays !

Stian Birkeland <delorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for that Martin...

By all means, I'm not annoyed about it...it's so easy to write "stain"less for you guys :-)

But yes, my name is "STIAN", not "STAIN", but these two names are both quite common in Norway (except for the fact that "STAIN" is really spelt "STEIN", and would be the equivalent to "ROCK".

Spelling is one thing - pronounciation another...

My name, "STIAN", is a short form of "CHRISTIAN", so "STIAN" is pronounced exactly the same way as the last part of the name "ChriSTIAN"....so there you go!

Then again, the viking name "STIAN" would mean "LONG STEPS"...but don't call me that! ;-)

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759