[doc] Re: [doc abandoning member]....

Hi Chris,
It was a simple question, if you want to make it into something else
then go ahead.

It still seems to be that you were being serious, if you were not
then I apologise.

I don't know what the connection is between me not getting your joke
(?) about letting someone else drive Stewarts car, and me not joining
your club. Did I offend you then also?

I thought that at the time I was polite in response to your request
for me to join the club. (This is all in message 7990 for anyone who
could be bothered looking).

I pointed out that by no means am I the only Irish DeLorean owner not
to have joined, and I even complimented you guys on your magazine. I
asked you what were the benefits of joining, but I decided not to, as
I know for a fact I will never make it to a UK based car show, so why
would I join? (I'm too busy most of the time, I only make it to one
Irish show a year as it is).

If I need tech advice I pick up the phone and give Rob Grady a call.
If I need parts I will call Rob Grady again, or Martin.

Money IS actually one of the reasons why I decided not to join. Sure,
I'd love to be in all the clubs of areas I have lived in before. That
would put me in the NCDMC club, the Mid-State DMC club, the EC-DOC
club, etc. Membership dues would quickly add up, and really I would
not be getting much out of any club and would not be able to
participate, so the simplest answer is not to be a member of any of
them. For what its worth the only club I'm a member of at the moment
is the American Automobile Association of Ireland, because I think I
might have a chance to meet up with those guys hopefully over the
coming summer.

Is that ok with you Chris? Have I explained my reasons for not
joining clearly enough? I can't believe you're trying to make someone
feel bad for not joining.

I have explained before that the DeLorean with the FreIrl plate does
not belong to me, and it is not on my website. The car, and the
website, belong to my friend Declan from Boston (formerly Dublin). He
has pictures of my car on his website, and when I posted the link to
that section, I was simply showing you guys my car. I have explained
this already in message 7539. I said sorry for the confusion and I
said how I like to leave politics out of DeLorean conversations. I
don't know what else you expect me to say...

I am not going to apologise for what Declan chose to have on his
licence plate, it is his right, and I'm sure he doesn't care if he
offended you Chris. BTW what do you have to be offended about? Is it
uncomfortable for you to be reminded of the history between our
countries? Ken Livingstone once commented that "Britain's treatment
of the Irish over the past 800 years had been worse than Hitler's
treatment of the Jews". Does this offend you? Anyway, you brought it
up so now you have your answer, but as I said before I don't feel
that politics of that nature need to be discussed here.

Some people actually share my views of John DeLorean and DMC, and
said so on the list here. Others have emailed me privately about it.
I did not offend any of them with my comments.

Maybe you are not up to date on current affairs, but I think it is
pretty funny that you get offended when I say that the British Press
is corrupt (and provide evidence). Have you not heard about a certain
British tabloid publishing faked pics of the Lancashire regiment
abusing Iraqi POW's? Or did you only get offended because it was I
made the comments, and you have an unreasonable dislike of me?

Best wishes,
John

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Parnham" <secretary@xxxx> wrote:
> John,
>
> I think I can tell why you resisted all my efforts to get you to
join our
> Club.
> I first thought it must have been the £20 subs, but I suspect we
are not
> quite "serious" enough for you. I know most of my boys and girls
quite well
> and feel I can exchange a bit of harmless humour with them without
offending
> them.
>
> Now the photo on your website with the DeLorean,  with the "free
IRL" number

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk