[doc] How to minimize expenses on importing a Delorean to the UK? Help

[doc] How to minimize expenses on importing a Delorean to the UK? Help

Greetings all,

Ihave been chatting with a nice gentleman named Stephen Knight in
the UK over that last week or so. I am in the US and he has been
trying to make arrangements to buy my pristine 83 off me VIN# 16634
and have it imported to the UK. He has been running into great
financial expenses in the process around £4500 on top of the vehicle
price. I have been kind of looking for a person who would take just
as excellent care of the vehicle as I have, just a shame to see him
almost not be able to finish it because of taxes.

I guess I am asking if any of the experts on importing a Delorean
could maybe give him a pointer or show him possibly a better,
cheaper way to minimize on costs? He is a very enthusiastic and
great guy, and would make an great addition to your local car clubs.
he just doesn't have any experience with importing and maybe he is
being taken for a higher amount because of that?

Again, his name is Stephen Knight and if any of you know of a better
way to import a Delorean, please mail it to: knight41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thank you for trying to help with this situation as I havent
realized how heavily you were taxed in the UK. Thanks again guys for
any assistance you can provide to Stephen.

Best regards from the US, hope to see some of you in Pigeon Forge

Joseph O'Brien

2524 & 16634

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk