From: jchapelhow [mailto:chapelhow@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 March 2004 19:23
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Wheels / Tires

All.

Following my trip to Derby, and my low tyre pressures measured at
that time I purchased a new digital gauge. Whilst checking the
pressure today the valve on my left rear failed.

The valve doesn't close even once the gauge has been removed. I had
to call out the breakdown chap to help remove one of the lug nuts
(replacements on order with DMUK) because the removal socket didn't
seem to clamp correctly.

There was no air in the spare but that was easily solved, perhaps
something I should check more regularly!

The car really does look odd with the space saver spare on. Time for
another think on replacement tires...

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 :'Boeing' #0737

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk